|heninen.net||Suomi | Русский|
|since 1997||Text Search Image, Video and Audio Search||News from The Site On This Day in History|
Monument to the Finnish War of Independence
The monument to the heroes of 1918 was unveiled at the new cemetery in Uuksu on August 19, 1934.
There was a cross on one side of the monument, and a memorial plaque on the other side, both has not been preserved to our days. Six names were listed on the plaque: Pekka Jouhki, Aleks Semi and Vilho Koverskoi (they fell in Rautu on April 4, 1918), Vasili Kettu and Feodor Tunninen (they fell in Rautu on April 5, 1918) and Nikolai Bogdanoff (he fell in Simola on April 20, 1918).
The monument was surrounded by chains, which also didn’t survive.