|heninen.net||Suomi | Русский|
|since 1997||Text Search Image, Video and Audio Search||News from The Site On This Day in History|
The Coat of Arms of the Karelian-Finnish SSR in the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition
Main Pavilion of the All-Union Agricultural Exhibition was build in the 1954 by project of Georgy Schuko and Evgeny Stolyarov. On the each of both main facades of the Pavilion were installed 16 medallions with the Coats of Arms of 16 Soviet Republics, existed in 1954. The Coat of Arms of the Karelian-Finnish SSR was always the first.
In 1956 the Karelian-Finnish SSR was reduced to the Autonomous Republic and both its Coat of Arms were destroyed.
In 1959, the exhibition changed name to the Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy of the USSR. In 1964, the Pavilion was renamed to Central. In 1992, the exhibition changed name to the All-Russia Exhibition Centre, and in 2014 – to the Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy.
In 2018, during the restoration of the Pavilion, both medallions with the Coat of Arms of the Karelian-Finnish SSR were recreated and returned to their places.