heninen.netSuomi | Русский
since 1997News from The Site    On This Day in History

Vepsian ethnographic museum

Sheltozero. Vepsian ethnographic museum


Vepsian ethnographic museum is situated in the Sheltozero village. The museum was created by vepsian ethnographer Rurik Lonin and was opened October 28, 1967. Since 1991 the museum is situated in the house which was built in 1814 by Ivan Mel'kin from Sheltozero.

May 19, 2010 museum was given the name of Rurik Lonin. August 19, 2012 was opened bas-relief by Rurik Lonin that has made by Eszter Torvinen.

Translated by Paulina

© 1997–2019
Send a message to Andrew Heninen