A monument to the Kieleväinen rune-singer family was erected in Voinitsa Village in memory of White Sea Karelia rune-singers. The monument, designed by the sculptor Martti Aiha, was opened by the Karelia Cultural Society and the Kalevala Society on September 18, 1995.
In 1833, Elias Lönnrot met the rune singer Vaassila Kieleväinen in Voinitsa Village. It was after talking with Vaassila that Lönnrot decided to compile the Kalevala epic from the runes he had collected. Vaassila's point of view of the order of runes also influenced the structure of the epic.