The decree of the Council of the People's Commissars on the Karelian Labour Commune
With a view to developing of economic life of the Karelian Labor Commune, the Council of People's Commissars decided:
1) Direct management of the national economy of the Karelian Labor Commune is carried out by the Economic Council of the Karelian Labor Commune, which includes the Departments: Industry, Agriculture, Labor, Transport, Food and Foreign Trade.
Note. The Murmansk Railway is not under the jurisdiction of the Economic Council of the Karelian Labor Commune.
2) All plans of works for separate sectors of the national economy of Karelia, which have the statewide importance, are submitted by the Economic Council to the Council of Labor and Defense for coordination with statewide industrial plans in the manner determined by a special instruction.
3) All People's Commissariats of the RSFSR in the field of economics have the right to control the activities of the Economic Council of the Karelian Labor Commune, for which purpose representatives of these People's Commissariats are included in it.
4) The Economic Council of the Karelian Labor Commune annually submits material budget for approval to the Council of Labor and Defense, which should indicate what products and in what quantity the Karelian Labor Commune is obliged to transfer during the year to the central authorities of the RSFSR and, on the other hand, receive from them. In the process of developing such budgets, the Economic Council of the Karelian Labor Commune must take into account the requirements, declared by the central economic authorities, and strive to ensure that the amount of products ceded to the Karelian Labor Commune is equivalent to the amount of products received by the Karelian Labor Commune from the RSFSR.
Note. The amount of bread and other foods due to Karelia according to statewide plans is sold during 1921-1923 without compensation within a one-year period, but for this advance delivery of products the Karelian Labor Commune must return the appropriate amount of products no later than 1930.
5) The Karelian Labor Commune must participate in statewide expenses from 1924. The amount of participation must be determined by a special decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee.
6) All products produced in excess of the established plan form a special supply fund, which are at the exclusive disposal of the Executive Committee the Karelian Labor Commune for local needs.
7) 25% of the export fund, harvested on the territory of the Karelian Labor Commune, the must be available at the disposal of the Commune’s authorities for the purpose of delivering goods from abroad by barter with foreign countries. This exchange of goods is organized directly by the Department of Foreign Trade of the National Economy Council of the Karelian Labor Commune under the decision of the Executive Committee of the Karelian Labor Commune and under the leadership of the authorized representative of the People's Commissariat for Foreign Trade. The rest of the export fund, harvested on the territory of the Karelian Labor Commune, is transferred to the export fund of the Republic.
The Chairman of the Soviet of the People's Commissars
Administrator of the Soviet of the Peoples Commissars
Secretary of the Soviet of the Peoples Commissars