The contracting parties confirm the following arrangement for cessation of hostilities and the withdrawal of troops beyond the state boundary established by the peace treaty:
1. Both sides shall cease hostilities on March 13, 1940, at 12:00 noon Leningrad time.
2. As from the hour fixed for the cessation of hostilities there shall be established a neutral zone, one kilometer in depth, between the positions of advanced units, whereupon within the course of the first day forces of that party to the treaty which under the new state boundary find themselves in territory pertaining to the other party to the treaty shall withdraw one kilometer's distance.
3. Withdrawal of troops beyond the new state boundary and advance of the troops of the other party to this state boundary shall commence on March 15 from 10:00 A.M. along the whole frontier from the Gulf of Finland to Lieksa, and on March 16 from 10:00 A.M. at points north of Lieksa. Withdrawal shall be effected through daily marches of not less than seven kilometers, the advance of troops of the other party taking place in such fashion that there shall be maintained between the rear guard of the withdrawing troops and the advance units of the other party to the treaty an interval of not less than seven kilometers.
4. The following time limits are established for withdrawal, on various sectors of the state boundary, in accordance with Paragraph 3:
a) In the sector compromising the upper course of the Tuntsajoki River, Kuolajärvi, Takala, and the eastern shore of Lake Joukamojärvi the movement of troops of both parties to the treaty shall be completed on March 20, 1940, at 8:00 P.M.
b) In the Latva sector south of Kuhmonniemi, troops movements shall be completed on March 22, 1940, at 8:00 P.M.
c) In the Lonkavaara, Värtsilä and Matkaselkä station sector, troop movements of both parties shall be completed on March 22, at 8:00 P.M.
d) In the Koitsanlahti sector at Matkaselkä station, troop movements shall be completed on March 25, 1940, at 8:00 P.M.
e) In the Esno station sector at Koitsanlahti, troop movements shall be completed on March 25, 1940, at 8:00 P.M.
f) In the Paationsaari sector at Esno station, troop movements shall be completed on March 19, 1940, at 8:00 P.M.
5. Evacuation of troops of the Red Army from the Petsamo area shall be completed by April 10, 1940.
6. The command of each party to the treaty undertakes, while troops are withdrawing to the other side of the state boundary, to put into effect in the cities and localities to be ceded to the other party necessary measures for their preservation undamaged, and to put into effect measures necessary to the end that cities, localities, and establishments of defensive and economic importance (bridges, dams, airfields, barracks, storehouses, railway communications, industrial plants, telegraphs, electric power plants) shall be preserved from damage and destruction.
7. All questions which may arise upon the cession by one contracting party to the other of the areas, localities, cities, or other objectives referred to in Paragraph 6 of this protocol shall be settled on the spot by representatives of both parties to the treaty, for which purpose the command shall appoint special delegates for each main route of movement of both armies.
8. The exchange of prisoners of war shall be carried out in the briefest possible time after the cessation of hostilities on the basis of a special agreement.