|heninen.net||Suomi | Русский|
|since 1997||Text Search Image, Video and Audio Search||News from The Site On This Day in History|
The Finnish Bank
During all it's history the building was used as a bank office.
In 1932 there were organized a central heating system in the building. The boilers were set at the basement and a chimney was passed through the whole height of the building and over the roof.
In Soviet times the back yard basement windows were bricked up.
If not to take into consideration the Soviet times extension, most of the building structure, interiors and exteriors stayed the same as they were initially built.
Only some rooms were divided by light temporary walls and three outside wooden doors were replaced by metal ones.
The building is two-stored with attics and basement, erected from bricks with reinforced-concrete sealing.
The building's main, strictly symmetric, facade is facing Väinämöinen square. The main entrance stressed by the high porch with granite-clad stairs with bas-reliefed monograms. The building itself is a rear example of early XX-th century neoclassicism with some touches of Finnish romantic style. The ground-store windows are evenly arced and protected by metal decored gratings.
The building clad with gray granite. Some parts decorated with gray stucco, the yard side is stuccored and painted white. Part of the main facade decorated with artificially untreated big granite blocks. The most remarkable is the entrance door, clad with yellow metal with big decorative rivets.
The part of operations hall, intended for clients covered with hexagon stone plates with geometric ornament. It's walls are covered with pine imitating red woods.