|heninen.net||Suomi | Русский|
|since 1997||Text Search Image, Video and Audio Search||News from The Site On This Day in History|
Treaty between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and the Republic of Finland on the transfer to the territory of the Soviet Union of part of the state territory of Finland in the region of the Jäniskoski hydroelectric power station and the Niskakoski control dam
The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and the President of the Republic of Finland have resolved to conclude this Treaty and have appointed as their plenipotentiaries:
The Republic of Finland cedes to the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics territory comprising an area of one hundred and seventy-six (176) square kilometres in the region of the Janiskoski hydroelectric power station and Niskakoski control dam on the Paatsjoki river, including the buildings and installations situated in this territory, with the result that this territory shall become part of the State territory of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and that the existing frontier between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and the Republic of Finland shall be changed in this region in accordance with the map and the description of the frontier attached hereto.
The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics shall pay to the Republic of Finland the lump sum of seven hundred million (700,000,000) Finnish marks for the territory ceded to the USSR under article 1 above, including the value of the buildings and installations situated in the territory.
The Parties shall establish a Mixed USSR-Finnish Frontier Commission for the demarcation of the frontier line between the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and the Republic of Finland which, as provided in article 1, is to be changed.
The Commission shall complete the demarcation of the frontier line not later than on 1 October 1947.
This Treaty shall be ratified as soon as possible and shall come into force on the date of the exchange of the instuments of ratification.
The exchange of ratifications shall take place at Moscow.
Done at Helsinki, on 3 February 1947.